Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Second Quarter Blog Entry #3

          In my life I have never really been considered a "bawlbaby". There was one time, though, when we still lived at our house in Makanda. I was around 3 years old and my sister was 1 when my parents decided to play hide and seek with us, without us knowing. My sister and I were searching all around the house, but no one to be found. We didn't know what was going on so we both walked up the stairs, sat down at the top, and started to cry. This is one of the very rare occasions where I was being a big bawlbaby. We just sat there at the top of the stairs crying until my parents finally came out of hiding. I think that this was evenly classified between silly and necessary because since we were really little, we were scared that we lost our parents. There was fear present at the time because the feeling of fear and loss were present. There are only rare occasions were I have done this again. I am never really the type to just let emotions run loose.
         
          The only events of me being a bawlbaby happened when I was a really little kid. One other time that I can recall was when we were camping and I had brought my favorite stuffed lion along. My bike had a little basket on the front so I decided to put my lion in the basket and go for a bike ride. I was having the greatest time of my life but when I got back to my camper, no lion. My lion's name was Leo. I started having a panic attack so my parents and I went looking for him along the trail that I rode my bike on but Leo was no where to be found. I was crying for an entire day straight because me and Leo did everything together. In this case, I think that being a bawlbaby was necessary because I was really attached to my stuffed lion and I had lost him. The feeling that I had in this story wasn't fear but solely the feeling of loss. These are two of the rare occasions of my bawlbaby experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment